Thursday, June 29, 2017

Seminary Journal Printables

I was startled by the words of Jarom "What could I write more than my fathers have written?  For have not they revealed the plan of salvation? (Jarom 1:2)"  I had just read the words of his fathers- recorded by Nephi, Jacob, and Enos but I couldn't remember a single chapter on the Plan of Salvation!   I challenged myself to find the Plan of Salvation in the Book of Mormon and over the next year I recorded every reference to the Plan of Salvation that I could find in the Book of Mormon.

They were literally sprinkled throughout the Book of Mormon, and as I collected them in one place I developed a greater clarity and understanding of God's Great Plan of Happiness than I had ever had.


I developed this Seminary Scripture Journal Printable to help seminary students have a place to record what they learn about the Plan of Salvation as they read through the Book of Mormon.


The three-page printable has a title heading for many of the major milestones in the Plan of Salvation: Pre-Mortal Life, Satan's role, Creation, the Fall, the Atonement, Our Life Today, After we Die, Resurrection, the Millennium, Final Judgement and Eternal Life.  Each heading also has a little doodle that goes along with it to add some interest and maybe a little insight to the Plan of Salvation. 


After the headings and doodles have been glued in you need to take a ruler and draw a line down the page to separate the references from "What I Learned".  


Each heading can be given one or two pages.  You won't have any trouble filling two pages with scripture references, parts of the Family Proclamation, and relevant quotes from Latter-day Prophets. 


Another powerful study I have done as I've read through the Book of Mormon is to identify the lies of the devil that are exposed in the Book of Mormon.  I've added to the printable the page headings and arrows needed to add this to your Seminary Scripture Journal too.  Look here for more information about the lies of the devil and the TRUTHS found in the Book of Mormon.  



The Book of Mormon is such a blessing! 

My prayers are with you as you teach from it this year.



3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I've tried downloading the first pdf a couple of times and it keeps telling me it's corrupt. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to email you the files! Email me at nwrightfamily@gmail(dot) com

      Delete
  2. I think I've fixed the printing problem. Please let me know if you have a problem!

    ReplyDelete